1. Place seven tablespoons of your favorite tea into the infusing chamber.
2. Fill the pitcher half way with hot water.
3. Allow the tea to steep for 3-5 minutes or until it has reached your desired strength.
4. Carefully remove the infuser to stop the brewing process.
5. Fill the balance of the pitcher with ice or cold water.
6. Allow the tea to cool further in the refrigerator or serve over a glass of ice.
For best results BODUM® recommends using the hot water brewing method described above. If you choose, you can also experiment with cold water brewing. Place seven tablespoons of your favorite tea into the infusing chamber. Fill the pitcher with cold water and place in the refrigerator for approximately 12 hours. Remove the infuser and serve.
You may have to experiment with the amount of brewing time based on the tea. Try different brewing methods. You can make stronger or lighter tea by adjusting the amount of tea used in the brewing process. You can make a concentrate by adding more tea and then mix it together with ginger ale or club soda for a light and refreshing drink.
The Ceylon Ice Tea Maker can also be used to make other infused drinks. From fruit juices to Sangria or water. Try the following recipe for refreshing infused water:
1. Place the infusing chamber into the pitcher and add a few slices of orange, lemon, lime, cucumber, or strawberries. (most citrus fruits make nice infused water but you can use your imagination)
2. Fill the pitcher with ice.
3. Fill the pitcher with cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
5. You can refill the pitcher with water several times before changing the fruit. All parts are dishwasher safe and can be put in the fridge.